You will be working for a highly successful event and function operator. They operate architectural award-winning locations for conventions, exhibitions and unique corporate event spaces.
You will be working together with their teams to service and support their clients through the entire event process.
With over 50 years of experience in the hospitality industry, they know a thing or two about putting together a spectacular event!
They have one venue with three exceptional buildings; Convention Centre, Exhibition Centre and Aware Super Theatre – all state-of-the-art structures designed to house everything from rock concerts to global summits where world leaders can connect and shape the future.
Situated right in the heart of Sydney, the CBD and financial districts are just a stone’s throw away to the east. South of the venue you’ll find a thriving tech precinct and university campuses.
The area directly surrounding the event centre has been beautifully revamped. Green parkland sits beside bars and restaurants, and retail stores and luxury apartments nestle up to opulent hotels. This is everything Sydney’s CBD has to offer, all in one thriving enclave.
The waitstaff role is customer-facing and service focused. It involves looking after guests, welcoming them to the venues and ensuring excellent service throughout their meal.
To be considered for the job you should have:
- Experience as wait staff, server or in a similar role is preferred (otherwhise willing to be trained)
- A high standard of presentation and grooming is essential
- Work well with a diverse team
- The efficient delivery of food & drinks, restock and replenish service areas and to ensure service areas and venue is kept clean
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- A friendly, guest focused attitude to provide exceptional customer service
- Communication with the rest of the team, from the hostess and bar staff to chefs and managers, is key to this role.
On the job training will be provided! They will teach you, as long as you are keen to learn and show commitment.
Most importantly, you will be passionate about the hospitality industry and strive to deliver 5-star service at every event
- Working hours 24 - 40 hours per week
- Work daytime, evenings, weekends and public holidays
- Valid Working Holiday Visa
- A valid Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) Competency Card
- Hourly gross wages $26.00 day-time
- Hourly gross wages $31 - $38 weekends
- Payment is done per week
Exact wage details are discussed during interview
You will fly into Sydney. The Location is in the Sydney harbour so no worries getting to work. Public transport, walk or bike.. easy peasy :)
You can stay at any Hostel or get shared accommodation. Hostels go for between $150-200 per week and rooms in shared accommodation go for $200-350 per week.
Sydney is stunning. There’s no doubt that sparkling Sydney Harbour makes it an attractive destination, but there’s lots more going for it than just natural beauty.
Inner Sydney is a vibrant hub of village-like neighbourhoods brimming with character. Sydney’s eastern suburbs are less than half an hour from the CBD, but feels like a world away.
This is where you’ll find Australia’s most famous beach, wonderful coastal walks and hidden harbour beaches beloved by locals. It is also a dining hub, with lots of restaurants, cafes and bars to choose from.
Besides the amazing location and great work place our customer has some other great perks for you!
- Subsidised team cafe
- Venue and precinct food and beverage discounts
- Pre-purchase Live Entertainment
- Discounted dry cleaning
- Team member social events
Not to be disregarded, you will get training on the Job!