Get the Ultimate outback farm experience in Queensland, Australia.
This package will provide you with full arrival support including transfer and accommodation for 8 nights. You will get 5 days of farm training with full board and guaranteed farm jobs of your choice!
You can work with horses, work on cattle and sheep stations, do harvest work, general farm work or work in rural hospitality! After your 5 days of Training you will get a list of jobs to choose from and get 12 months ongoing job support, how easy is that! 🤩
All employers have been carefully screened and agreements have been made with all employers regarding employment conditions and obligations - a comforting thought!
Live the outback dream and get the best farm jobs, sign off on your 88-days while working and pretty much have the best outback experience you can get.
The 5-day farm training happens on a farm location near Brisbane in Queensland. The guaranteed farm jobs are available on farms in and around Queensland.
Farmers are looking for responsible workers who are willing to apply themselves, get involved, work hard and learn fast. You do not need previous skill or relevant experience, but it helps of course.
Farm jobs include a wide range of jobs, some named below!
- Horses - breeding, training and equestrian
- Beef Cattle
- Dairy Farming
- Pig breeding and production
- Sheep breeding, meat and wool production
- Other livestock
- Veterinary and vet nursing
- Broadacre arable farming (a very wide range of crops and specialisations)
- Irrigated Crops
- Fruit, nutand vegetable growing
- Tractor and machinery work including harvest contracting
- Mechanical and machinery maintenance
- Tractors and other large machinery (graders, dozers, headers, operation withv arious implements)
- Property maintenance, and fencing
- Irrigation and water supply
Farm work gives an opportunity to be part of Australian country and outback life living and working closely day to day with Australian Farmers. You will need to be motivated, willing to learn and apply yourself and able to cope with some challenges.
Farmers are looking for responsible workers who are willing to apply themselves, get involved, work hard and learn fast. You do not need previous skill or relevant experience, but it helps
- Good spoken English
- Driving licence (manual vehicles)
- A positive attitude, strong work ethic &enthusiasm for learning and making yourself useful
Desired skills / experience:
- Driving, riding of dirt bike, quad bike, tractors and other off road vehicles
- Animal care and livestock handling, including horse care and horse riding
- Practical skills such as welding, carpentry, painting and decorating
- Workshop skills such as welding and mechanics
- Family and childcare skills such as cooking, nanny, au-pair and tutoring
- Working hours are 40 hours per week
- Available 7 days a week with days off
- Valid working Holiday Visa
- Valid Driving license (manual)
Hourly gross wages are min $26
You will fly into Brisbane after which you will be taken care of with:
- Collection service at Brisbane Airport - if arriving in the morning
- Bustransfer to the hostel in Brisbane
- 1 night in Brisbane – to get over your jet lag ☺️
- 3 nights at Hostel
- Coach transfer from to Gympie
- Bustransfer form Gympie to the farm
- Training on the farm - 5 days!
- Full board during your 5 days of training
8 nights of accommodation is included into the Farm package which applies to this job.
Once you have selected a farm job you will have accommodation included in most cases. Some farms provide private rooms against low rates. It all depends on the farm job you will select once you've completed your training
It’s big, it’s diverse and it’s welcoming, with local characters ready to have a yarn, crack a cold one and show you what the outback spirit is all about. From the Gold Coast to the Great Barrier Reef to rain forrest and the outback - Queensland has a slice of paradise to suit every traveller.
Home to more than 1,000 ecosystem types and five World Heritage-listed sites, there’s something altogether magical about the beauty of Queensland. Here, islands of white sand dot aqua waters in the Whitsundays, colourful coral bursts to life with fish and turtles on the Great Barrier Reef, and lush green canopies dance in the sun in the Daintree Rainforest.
You’ll find there’s no shortage of unforgettable experiences awaiting you on a journey to Queensland and the outback of Australia.
- Experience the Australian outback at it's best with no Worries
- Get a pre-vetted farm job directly after your 5 days of farm training
- Full farm job support during 12 months
- Join a fun group of people and make friends instantly
- Get your 88-days signed off when you arrive in Australia so you can request your 2nd year working holiday extension
- You love being outdoors and want to work hard
- You want take in all the beauty of the Australian outback