Our client is seeking motivated people, with care and attention to detail, to perform the role of General Farm Hand.
This role will be on in meat chicken breeder farms in the Tamworth region of New South Wales. Successful candidates will be able to work independently and also as part of a team.
This role is an ongoing position and poultry industry experience is not essential. All training and support will be provided.
Our client has many locations across Australia. This role is located in Griffith, New South Wales.
- Floor walking;
- Collecting, grading and packing eggs;
- Monitoring flock behaviour and reporting concerns to the Farm Manager or supervisor;
- Meeting performance and quality assurance targets;
- Assisting with farm clean out and setup;
- stacking nest boxes and capturing birds to be weighed/vaccinated;
- Following company policies and procedures with regard to animal welfare, workplace health and safety, environmental, and biosecurity;
- Assisting with general farm tasks as required
To be considered for the job:
- Strong commitment to work responsibilities;
- Punctuality and reliability;
- Team Player;
- Good communication skills;
- Sound literacy skills;
- Self-motivation to work with minimal supervision;
- A desire to take ownership and responsibility;
- A genuine interest in working with animals;
- Current drivers’ licence.
- Minimum 3 months
- Working hours 40 hours per week
- Valid Working Holiday Visa
- Hourly gross wages $26.00
- Payment is done per week
- Exact wage details are discussed during interview
You fly into Sydney. Griffith is six hour drive from Sydney by car or around 9 hours by train.
You can stay at any Hostel or get shared accommodation. Hostels go for between $150-200 per week and rooms in shared accommodation go for $200-300 per week.
The city of Griffith is located in the Riverina Murray region of south-western NSW, about 570 kilometres west of Sydney.
Griffith's wine region is renowned for its cool climate wines, and is one of the largest wine growing regions in New South Wales. Sit back and relax at one of the many wineries around Griffith, surrounded by acres of vines, and enjoy a delectable meal, a high quality glass of wine and other produce on offer such as mature cheeses.
Griffith is a little piece of Italy in the heart of the Riverina. It still has the extraordinary statistic that 60% of the city's population have Italian ancestors and it still celebrates Italian culture with extensive vineyards in the region, providores in the town selling local produce, and excellent cafes and restaurants where the pasta and coffee can be favourably compared to the best that Sydney (and Italy) can offer.
You’ll find plenty of cellar doors to visit with delicious local produce, quality restaurants and cafes, and festivals celebrating a rich food and wine culture.
- This role will provide ongoing clean work
- is applicable to your 88-day visa extension
- Clean and controlled working environment
- All training and support will be provided